Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Birthday Cakes--A Year in Review

Because I stink at blogging (but one of the things I enjoy is sharing my family's birthday cakes with you guys), this post will be a review of all the birthday cakes I made over the last year while I was failing at being a blogger. Enjoy. 😂

First off, in November, we had Michael's pokeball themed cake.
 I can't seem to find a photo for our second November birthday, Preston, which concerns me. Did I forget to take a photo, or did the kid born right around Thanksgiving never end up getting a cake last year? 😕 I seriously hope it's the former. . .

I also seem to be missing photos for Lissa's cake in October, now that I look back over things.

Anyway. . . Then in January, Kaylee requested a Minecraft cake cake. No, that's not a typo. She wanted a cake that looked like a Minecraft cake.
 Then in April, we celebrated Justin's 4th, and his current obsession is PJ Masks. This one was a doozy, let me tell you. Every time I tried to add food coloring (the icing gel kind, not liquid) to the candy melts, it would seize up like I'd gotten water in it, so I was forced to make the masks in white chocolate and actually paint it with the food coloring.
 May birthday kid happens to share a birthday with his newest sibling, so he got someone else to make him his favorite birthday dessert, blueberry bars. Sorry, Austin! Then, in June, I made this cute little Pikachu for JJ while Dad took all the older kids to the river for a few hours.
Tristan, my August kid, requested strawberry cheesecake, and for whatever reason, I didn't get any photos of that. But eventually, I'll share the recipe and walk you through making a cheesecake, because I am now sort of addicted to making them. Takes a lot of time, but oh, my gosh, are they delicious! I don't think I'll ever settle for a store-bought one again, lol.

That's all I've got for you today. Hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane as much as I have, and overlook my messy kitchen. It always looks like a bomb went off when I'm finished making a cake in there.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Some come out better than others. Let us not forget Tristan's Triforce cake. Also known as the main reason I hesitate to do cakes for money. 😂

      Delete