Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Playing Catch-up

The other day, my husband and I got an unexpected package on our front step. The return address showed it to be from his mother, but we were still slightly baffled, as she hadn't called to inform us she was sending anything. But then we opened it, and the confusion disappeared. It was a beautiful album of our wedding photos (she was our photographer), lovingly put together as her gift to us! (I'll share some in a separate post, so those of you who saw them already on Facebook can avoid scrolling through endless wedding photos if you'd prefer.) :)

 Yes, dear readers, almost 3 months ago, after 3 years of untangling red tape, planning, and preparing, we finally were able to tie the knot. And I look at my list of posts, and I realize it's been nearly six months since I published an update of any sort. Shame on me.

Life with a big family will keep you busy, I suppose, especially during the summer months, when all of them are home from school and bickering with one another (seemingly) non-stop. But school recently started up again in our district, and I'm looking forward to a few things, among them having the house stay tidy longer than 2 minutes, and spending a bit more time developing the ol' blog. I keep
First day of school! Don't they look excited?😜
hearing rumors it's possible to make money from that sort of thing. And well, who doesn't like the idea of earning a bit of extra cash? Especially when your ability to do so in the traditional way (you know, like getting a job) is sort of limited. Can't afford to shell out for hosting on the more "professional" blog sites at the moment, so I'm sticking to good old (free) Blogger for the moment as I work on developing content and seeing if it actually starts to gather enough of a reader base to worry about migrating to a more professional platform.

So, friends, here's the part where you get to make suggestions. I already have a few ideas for categories posts could fall into:

Large Family Life Hacks
Meal Planning
Recipes
Saving Money
Grocery Shopping
Cloth Diapers/Wipes/Pads
Sewing Tutorials
Decorating on a Dime
Catholic Corner
Cakes
Funny Things Kids Say/Do

Perhaps you have some other ideas. What might you like to read about? Which of the categories above seems most interesting? Do any fall flat for you? Let me hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Cover your bases, do them all! Lmao. Honestly, I just like reading your blogs. They are funny as hell. ....can I say that? Is this gonna go mainstream and I gotta watch my mouth? That's gonna be hard...

    ReplyDelete